Salary: £8.25 /hour
A.P Broome Landscapes Ltd is a successful, growing commercial grounds maintenance company based in Preston, Lancashire. The company has been established over 45 years and holds multi-million pound contracts covering the whole of the UK, mainly with blue chip utilities companies
We are currently looking to recruit a Grounds Maintenance Operative to carry out work within the South of England.
Salary: £8.25 ph (depending on experience and qualifications) + Benefits (listed below)
About the Role:
This job role will entail carrying out routine grounds maintenance of hazardous installations (electricity substations, gas terminals) for various clients across our contracts portfolio.
The candidate will be working as part of a two-man operations team supported by our dedicated contract teams based in the South of England.
- Experience and knowledge of strict H&S operations and its practical implications
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team
- Full UK Driving Licence
- PA1 PA6
- Trailer licence
- Woodchipper certification
- Utility Arb qualifications
- Utility safety passports e.g. SHEA Water/ SHEA Power/ SHEA Gas
- Blue card
- Manual Handling certification
- First Aid certification
- Grounds Maintenance certifications
- NPTC units CS30, CS31, CS38 & CS39
- Mechanical experience
We offer a competitive salary starting at £8.25 (dependent upon qualifications and experience).
Further Benefits include:
- Government Pension Scheme
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Provision of all PPE and equipment.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV with a covering letter to Lauren Finch (HR Officer).
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.