Salary: £27,000.00 to £32,000.00 /year
About the organisation
A.P Broome Landscapes Ltd is a successful, growing commercial grounds maintenance company based in Preston, Lancashire. The company has been established over 45 years and holds multi-million pound contracts covering the whole of the UK, mainly with blue chip utilities companies.
We are currently looking to recruit a Contract Manager to carry out work from our Taunton Depot, with the possibility of home working as and when needed.
Salary scale: £27,000 – £32,000 + Benefits (listed below)
The successful candidate may be required to stay away from home from time to time due to the location of the contracts in which it operates.
The Contract Manager is responsible for delivering projects on time, to the specified quality and generating the budgeted profit margin.
This position is expected to successfully meet or exceed the following targets:
- Management and delivery of high quality grounds maintenance contracts
- All projects completed on time
- Ensuring gross margins are maintained on projects
- Maintaining high levels of client satisfaction and building positive relationships with client counterparts
- Contribute to the overall success of the business
Working with the contract delivering to KPI’s and targets set both internally and by clients. Managing teams ranging from 3 – 30 employees that support the contract team.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Develop the most efficient working practices to ensure maximising company efficiencies
- Ensure recruitment requirements are communicated correctly and with timeframes for requirements.
- Manage staff effectively in accordance to company HR procedures, including;
- Appraisals/Performance management
- Holidays/Sick Pay
- Training/Staff development
- Employee reward (pay rises, bonuses etc.)
- Manage resources and equipment effectively to meet company and legal requirements
- Build a strong relationship with your teams to ensure all works are completed on time and to a high standard
- Facilitate communication across all levels of the business
- Build relationships with clients to ensure continuing success of contracts
- Attend client meetings and represent the organisation at networking events/conferences etc. in a professional manner
- Effective time management of yourself and any direct reports
- Responsibility to ensure all company and legal Health and Safety requirements are met
- Ensure all contract staff adhere to company policy and procedures and advise accordingly
- Provide effective management reports and findings to relevant line managers/management meetings
- Follow up any reports and requirements from management meetings promptly and effectively
- Pricing up works to agreed schedule provided by company or utilisation of industry agreed/suggested pricing structures
- Comply with policies and procedures as stated within employee handbook
- Attend mandatory training sessions and gain qualifications identified as pertinent to the success of the company in management reviews.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the business.
- Work effectively with other contract managers to create the most efficient working practices
- Contribute to and develop appropriate policies and procedures
- Completing Audits in line with client and company requirements
- Develop job descriptions for relevant team members
- Full clean driving licence;
- Possess first-hand experience of a basic range of horticultural/landscaping techniques
- Be dedicated, hard-working with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Be a good communicator across a wide range of individuals, including the proven ability to liaise with clients, main contractor representatives, field teams and other trades that impact on the Landscape programme, (I.e. ground workers)
- Be able to motivate field teams
- Possess sound written and numeracy skills
- Possess basic IT skills , email, word, excel and photo management
- Possess a commercial landscaping/horticultural background and/or construction industry experience
- NVQ Leadership or Management
- Degree in relevant field or discipline
- Health and Safety experience/qualification/training
- HR experience/qualification/training
- Finance experience/qualification/training
- Auditing experience/qualification/training
We offer a competitive salary starting at £27,000.
Further Benefits include:
- Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days holidays (plus bank holidays)
- Company vehicle
If you are interested in this position, please submit your CV with a covering letter to Lauren Finch (HR Officer).
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those successfully shortlisted for the role will be personally contacted.
Please note the closing date for this position is Tuesday 24th April 2018, 10.00am.